<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 25, 2008

Not much going on. 

I just hadn't posted in a while and felt like I should update. I've been...contemplative (?)...lately. I don't know, just thinking a lot; about the world and my place in it. Nothing really definitive, just lots of singular thoughts.

I went out to dinner with my mom's night out group on Saturday. It was nice. A little boring. But nice. One of them is really into politics. Really into them. That's totally cool. For her. She's soooo smart and articulate and learned about them. I'm not so much into politics. I get them. More then superficially even, but I'm definitely not passionate about them. Sometimes I worry that this is a bad thing. I know that people that are passionate about them would think this is a bad thing. I'm grateful that there are such passionate people out there to fuel the debate and create change. I am not one of those people.

My daughter will be starting preschool next fall. I had an inkling to check out the webpage of one of the school's I'm considering today and surprisingly found that registration starts tomorrow and there's an open house in the evening. Perfect timing! How beautiful is that? She's unhappy at her current daycare. Not actively unhappy, but maybe just bored? If she's potty trained by summer she can start at the new school in July. That would be a good thing. Maybe she's like me. Maybe she gets bored when she's in the same situation with the same people for too long.

I've been praying about being relieved of my obsessive nature towards men. I think it's working. I have no crush currently and haven't in about a week. It's...interesting. Good, but odd and interesting. I'd been wanting to spend my energy on something more positive and productive; I think I've been doing that by coming up with new projects (making paper chains, rolling out sugar cookies and frosting them with paintbrushes, tearing apart the old garden, etc.) to do with Suzie every night after work. It's been amazing. I feel like she and I are even closer and my house is actually in better shape then when we didn't have a project to focus on. I'm thinking it's one of those "if you want a job done then delegate it to a busy person" kind of things.

Speaking of the garden, I'm so glad the old root bound plot of land is in the process of being torn apart. It was such a ridiculous space, on the south side of the house but bumped up against the neighboring lot which is a veritable jungle of brambles and overgrowth blocking out the sun. Containers are going to be much more manageable this year. I'm really looking forward to planting them. Suzie's gonna have a blast helping out too.

Ok, I think I'm done. :)

0 Comment(s)
Comments: Post a Comment
  • [Top]