<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 06, 2007

Suzie's been home sick for a week. 

Today is my day to stay home with her. I had her Monday, John had her Tuesday and Thursday, we were both home with her Wednesday, so today John really needed to go into work, and I really wanted to have an excuse to stay home. I know my boss wants to give me a hard time about it, it must absolutely be killing him to not give me trouble but the bottom line is that I do great work and make his life a lot easier, better to have me and my spotty attendance than have to go through 5 temps again, looking for someone to competently do the job...Anyway, boring work stuff.

I had a really hot dream last night about a guy from high school. How weird is that? I mean, there's this one particular guy (the one that got away) that I still dream about all the time, which is kind of pathetic in itself, but last night's dream lover wasn't someone I ever even really gave a passing thought to. Well, maybe a passing thought or six, but he was never a big kind of deal to me--just this sexy stoner dumb jock kind of guy. Whatever, it was a great dream and I was totally bummed out to wake up.

Please excuse the absolute ridiculousness of any upcoming blog posts. I haven't written anything outside of a purchase order in the last 6 months, and really nothing of substance in about 2 and half years, I'm a little rusty.

I feel really frustrated, there's so much I want to write and say, but it's all such a jumbled mess inside my dusty, cobweb filled mind that I think I've forgotten how to access it in any meaningful way. I read so many amazing blogs, by so many people that have sooooo much to say--I feel like there's no point to my writing anything anyway since I'm in no way at that level of thought or output. I guess that's a big part of what blogging has done the the casual journal-writer (at least to this casual journal-writer), given me that sense that every entry has to make a statement, needs to stand alone as piece of important writing. Maybe I'll just let that go. I can think of three people who might be reading this anyway, what the hell; I'm just gonna start from scratch. 6th grade journal writing 101 here I come.

Now I've got to get Suzie packed for the weekend with her grandparents.

1 Comment(s)
Comments:
I feel you, sister. I have established blogs and then the "perfectionist" effs it up. Remember: writers write!
 
Post a Comment
  • [Top]