<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Sarah Vowell is my hero. 

She's so funny. She's an amazing writer. Her voice is the cutest thing I've ever heard in my life. She's so amazingly talented. She writes in really long sentences. She knows tons and tons of 50 cent words. Her friends are amazing and smart and talented and probably also write in long sentences using really big words. She's everything that I like to pretend I could have become if I wasn't such a moron in high school and an idiot in college. If I pretend hard enough I could have been just as much a genius as Sarah Vowell.

This is our free weekend wherein Suzie goes to stay with her grandparents. It's lovely. Very very very relaxing and rejuvenating. I'm very fortunate that we have this time. The past four or so free weekends have been spent doing taxes, redoing our quicken, deep cleaning the house, and more and more of the same. Amazingly, this weekend we had nothing planned. Nothing social and nothing financial--thank god. We slept in, went for a walk, went to a matinee, and then out to dinner. A really, really good day.

Tonight I think we'll finally finish season 3 of Veronica Mars and probably attempt to conceive Suzie's new sister. I mean, we've been attempting the conception for a month or so now but it just keeps not sticking and darn it--we are not quitters!--so we're just gonna keep on doing it, come hell or highwater, until one of us gets knocked up.

0 Comment(s)
Comments: Post a Comment
  • [Top]