<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Isn't it wild? 

Can you believe that after all the troubled times in the past 2 and half years our family life has finally settled into a nice, stable, loving, predictable routine and we're thinking it's a good idea to turn it on it's proverbial ear? Doesn't that sound really crazy to you? Like, really fucking crazy to you? It sure does me. Honest to god, after all my talk of wanting to just raise one child because she in herself was far too much work for me, and how we really couldn't afford to raise another to the standard of living to which we're accustomed, and how I really didn't want to stop working and stay at home with a baby again; we are sooooo back in the baby-making saddle. Foolhardy? Possibly. Incredibly fucking short sited and actually quite stupid? That too! But I don't know, boy oh boy do I want another tiny infant. Tiny hands. Tiny face, searching for milk...Oh, so sweet.

However, two of the three moms I know in real life with multiple kids would both probably agree that as much as they love their second children, having them may have been a serious error in judgement. The third family I know with multiple children seems to do alright, I'm not quite sure how, but would probably tell me that I personally couldn't handle it...She's a bitch who spends most of her life on a lot of xanex and valium though so I won't put too much stock into her opinion of my parenting...Maybe that's why so many families in this small town of mine only have one...Maybe they were the smart ones?

Could we do in in a house this small? It's not that the house is small, really, it's quite roomy, but it does have something of a lack of bedrooms...Lots of kids share a room though, right? We could downsize, get a smaller bed, take out one of the computer desks and keep the baby with us for the first year or two? I really like the idea of not upsizing just to fit in another person. I love our house and our view and our lake and our huge front yard and our quiet dead end street, it's a great place to be outside with my family.

Anyway, baby forthcoming. I'll keep you posted.

0 Comment(s)
Comments: Post a Comment
  • [Top]