<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Seriously. 

I'm so mired down in the ugliness of the world right now that I can't.even.function. For real. All the pain and suffering and hopelessness feels so acutely real right now that it feels impossible to do anything except put my head in my hands and cry. And I'm supposed to care about cleaning out the miscellaneous files in my filing cabinet? A man in Atlanta just cut off his daughter's clitoris with a pair of scissors and I'm supposed to file? This practice has been going on for hundreds of years and I'm supposed to care about bathtubs? How many kids a day are starving, being beaten, and torn apart by U.S. bombs and I'm supposed to give a fuck about my boss' ego? I just can't do it today. I know most of us, myself included, are usually able to forget or put aside the horribleness that is human nature and get the job done, but today that just feels so worthless an existence. At the same time though, what am I really supposed to do about it? I feel imobilized by my helplessness.

1 Comment(s)
Comments:
I'm sitting here feeling similiar feelings and thinking near similar thoughts. Wish I had something more to offer than that - but just know you're not alone!
 
Post a Comment
  • [Top]