<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 08, 2006

So I've got this, I don't know, I guess you really couldn't call him more than a social aquaintence, who recently send me a friend request on myspace. I've seen him at social gatherings and parties for a good 10 years but I can't say I've ever really had a conversation with him beyond the basic small talk. Over the years I've gotten the sense that he's one of those semi-depressed guys with low self esteem who's developed some anger towards women probably because he wasn't treated very well by them during his adolesence, his teenage years, and likely into his early adulthood. Who knows, he still may not be treated well by them, but this is all speculation, I truly have no real idea of his history or current situation.

Anyway, I was reading through many of my myspace friends' blogs today and came across his for the first time. There are quite a few "nobody likes me, EVERYBODY hates me" posts and then a couple of pretty disturbing entries that read as a list of the violence and degradation that he feels compelled to bestow on some unfortunate woman who made the mistake of not being able to love him in the way that he needs to be loved. I am absolutely livid right now. Who the fuck does this guy think he is to threaten to rape a woman because she isn't strong enough to handle his many emotional needs?!? Granted, I don't know this guy well and I don't know his situation, but still, he's repeatedly talking about killing, raping, and hurting an unnamed woman and about his need to do this based on his own sorrow and self-proclaimed self-pity.

That aside, I FUCKING HATE IT when people talk about "everybody" hating them. It's so self-centered and meglomaniacal. I mean honestly, most people, well aside from the woman he's threatening to rape and kill, her family and probably her friends DON'T hate this guy; most people just don't care; which I suppose to a narcicist is the same as hate. But whatever, I'm pretty sure this guy isn't sitting around, feeling concern for me and my family all the time. I'm pretty sure my well being isn't at the fore of his conciousness. I don't think he's sitting around pondering "hmmm, I wonder if Jane had a tough night with Suzie last night. I wonder if she was up all night and didn't sleep because her little one was sick and puking. Hmmm, I feel a deep compassion for her today." No, he's not, and THAT'S FINE! I don't expect him to be thinking of me, I don't expect most people to be thinking of me all the time, just as I'm not thinking of them.

I'm just living man. L-I-V-I-N. Just like we all are. Most of us are spending our lives taking care of ourselves and our families and our loved ones with not a lot of extra time left over to sit and think about some random man in some random city and how he can't get over his past and have a nice relationship with a woman. And most of us certainly aren't spending any energy hating him. He just doesn't matter. I know that sounds harsh but my god, it's no more harsh than wishing death on people for being too busy to act as your personal therapist.

Ok, this has spiraled into something I wasn't really going for.

I should work.

0 Comment(s)
Comments: Post a Comment
  • [Top]