<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, June 05, 2006

I've been moderately nauseous for a week. 

I decided to start taking Wellbutrin a couple of weeks ago and this seems to be my only side effect. I'm really not noticing any difference in my affect or sex drive; I still feel just a notch above flat. The first week I felt pretty good, but that may have been hormonal or just in my head, I even had the briefest inkling of an interest in sex one morning, but that was it. As it is now any increase in interest would be completely washed by the nausea. Bummer. Totally. It's only been a week and a half though and I've committed to trying for three weeks. My doctor says that the pukiness usually goes away after two weeks so I'm going to play it by ear for another week and a half. Then I just don't know. I'm pretty bummed out about it though, after years of fruitless soul-searching and therapy I was really looking forward to a quick-fix, pharmaceutical cure.

My girl's been been pretty much amazing for the past two weeks. She started talking this past weekend and the words have been just tumbling out pretty randomly. "Read. Cheese. Ankle" It's so freakin cute. She's also been sleeping and eating a ton. Last night she slept for 11 1/2 hours and that's following a two and a half hour nap in the afternoon. It's nice though, a well rested mama who's had a little time to read a good book is a happy mama.

I'm beginning to plan a trip to Italy for my mom and me next year. I'm never as happy as when I'm planning a trip so that's a good thing. Italy isn't my first choice for a vacation destination, I mean it's kind of 1997, but she's never been there and vacationing with my mom can be a little stressful so visiting someplace that affords some level of comfort will probably be good. Ideally she'll hang with me for a week and then John and Suzie can come over and spend the following week with me. We'll see how Suzie's doing at that point, she'll be almost three and I have no idea what that will look like. We'd first discussed me spending a week with my mom and then her going home, Suzie staying with her and John coming to stay a week--I thought we could either go to Greece or spend some time in the Alps, but thinking a little more logically--leave Suzie for two weeks? I really don't think so.

0 Comment(s)
Comments: Post a Comment
  • [Top]