<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 22, 2006

Wahoo for a great weekend! 

We just had the best weekend! I know that sounds kind of trite and high-school but we did and I'm so happy about it! I saw a ton of family, had a free night while Suz stayed with her grandparents, and then went to a great picnic with some nice new friends on Sunday. Really the only thing that would have made it any better would have been getting our bathroom re-tiling project finished.

The show was awesome, my friends' band rocks and their opening band was so much fun! Unfortunately I don't want to put their name in here as I'm still trying to keep this blog anonymous and don't want it coming up in a google search. I was the designated driver and was therefore stone-sober and still had a blast dancing my ass off. And I NEVER dance sober. Seriously now that I'm not in my 20s and going to clubs all the time I really hardly dance at all, sober or otherwise but I just really let myself get into it and out of my head for a few hours and it was most excellent.

Sunday's picnic was fantastic. The timing was pretty good too--there were a few rain showers, but the big rain hit mostly before and after we were trying to barbecue. Susie had soooo much fun running after a gang of four year olds. She must have ran for nearly 3 hours and then crashed by about 7:30 that night and slept for a good 11 hours. It was awesome. Not a single tear the entire picnic. She's so social, it's amazing.

Ever since she's been big enough to take her had off she's been loathe to keep one on--unless it's pretty damn cold out--but this morning, upon looking outside at the nasty, rainy weather, looked at John, pointed at the rain, and then signed that she'd like her hat before going out in it.

I've got to say that I really, truly love baby signing. It's so much fun to be able to communicate directly with her without having to go through the guessing game of what she might be needing. I mean, there's still a little of that, but the basics are covered. I think it must be so much less frustrating for her as well. Plus it's just really darn cute.

Gotta work!

0 Comment(s)
Comments: Post a Comment
  • [Top]