<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Back to working full time, back to having time to blog. 

God, how backwards does that seem? It's just like the old days back at this place though, 8 long hours stretched out before me and only about 3 hours of work to fill them. Well, on a slow day. On a real slow day I'll have about two hours of real work and on a busy day I'll have about 7. Take yesterday, for example, a pretty full day. I took a physical supplies inventory and did the subsequent ordering, a virtual materials inventory and did the subsequent ordering, ran a budget, filed a ton of paperwork, talked to about 10 vendors, and literally (really, literally) cleaned my office from top to bottom with sanitizing wipes, oh, and sat in on a 1/2 hour meeting with my boss and I was still done in 6.5 hours. I'm too fast for my own good.

Today my boss is out of the office at a training, as his his boss, so it'll probably prove to be exceedingly quiet around here. Which is why I decided to put my two hours of work on hold and write a blog entry.

Fascinating, isn't it? Truly fascinating.

Really though things have been pretty quiet around my place. This is a very good thing. Suzie's fantastic. She's been sleeping a full 10 hours a night, straight though, and when she's up she's at daycare for a few hours or playing in the yard or with her toys with her dad and me. It's working out really well, actually. She's getting a much more well rounded diet at daycare than she'll accept from me and is so tuckered from playing all day that she's ready for bed by 8. I'm 98% happy with our current situation. When I get my first paycheck that just may bump up to 99%.

God, here I am with tons of time to blog and not really a damn thing to say. Hmmm, well I guess I'll get back to work and see if anything else strikes later.

0 Comment(s)
Comments: Post a Comment
  • [Top]