<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Last night, when I was lying in bed at 9:30, anticipating a 6 a.m. wakeup call, I had like, 5 blog entries floating around my head. I didn't want to get up and write any of them out though as I'd been tired all day and had far more interest in a full night's sleep. Suz let the family sleep in till nearly 7:30 however and by then the blog ideas had all been dreamt away.

:(

Not really so sad though as full night's sleep makes everything better. As does waking up to a beautiful sunny morning. We have the entire weekend ahead of us with absolutely no plans. Well, no commitments to anybody else anyway, we do have tons to get done around the house, but considering how busy our schedule has been lately that feels pretty close to a vacation to me. So John's downstairs replacing the water heater (I really loath spending $400 on a purchase that involves NO FUN AT ALL!), I've been doing housework, Suzie's napping, and when she wakes up we'll all head to the hardware store to look more at stone tiles for our bathroom, kitchen, and laundry room. There's nothing like a good home-improvement weekend.

On the psycho friend front, my god, Suzie and I were driving around looking for something to do with our long afternoon yesterday and so called Courtney to see if we might stop over and spend some time with her and her son. She told me that I was welcome to stop by if I needed to feed Suzie or something, but that she wouldn't be getting out of bed. She was too cold. As you might be aware, we here in the northwest are experiencing a "cold snap." That's what all the weather people have been telling us, anyway, and this means that the temps have been dropping down into the--gasp--TWENTIES at night! But that's at night, I called in the middle of the afternoon, the temps were well into the upper 30s (at least) and, most importantly, she has this cool new gadget called CENTRAL FUCKING HEATING which she had already informed me was cranked to 80!!!

Oh my god! Anyway, her incredible lameness caused me to get over my nervousness about going back to the kid's museum and seeing psycho friend version 2.1 and so we headed in and had a lovely time talking to the many, many visitors who were also looking to stay out of the cold as well as to the previous psycho friend who was, once again, completely congenial.

Ok, off to do my housey stuff.

0 Comment(s)
Comments: Post a Comment
  • [Top]