<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

How would you spend your baby's last night? 

A friend just called to tell me that her baby is in the hospital and that she'll be taking her off life support tomorrow. She's had a heart condition since birth and nobody expected a long life but last time I saw/heard about her she was doing fine.

I'm just so sad for their family. I cannot imagine what they're going through right now.

She's not dead yet, you know? She will be in the morning but right now she's still alive. That almost seems worse to me. I don't know how they can deal with having to make this decision.

How are they going to get through this night? What are they supposed to do? Sleep? Sit with her? Drink? I don't know what the fuck I'd do. John's at his radio show and I'm home alone with a sick baby and I just can't stop crying.

0 Comment(s)
Comments: Post a Comment
  • [Top]