<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Lazy, lazy Wednesday 

I didn't work out today. I told myself I had too much work to do and needed to make sure I got a shower in while Suzie's sleeping. Then I didn't do any work. I just sat on the computer and ate Mexican Chicken Casserole. Hmmm... You never know though, it seems the days I give up on getting any work done are the days I'm most productive. But, like I said, I'm real lazy today so I'm not counting on it.

So yeah, it seems like I've been so busy lately, but I have really nothing to report, not much has been going on. Suzie's just been really into nursing lately for long periods of time so I've been stuck browsing the internet for hours on end. When she's not nursing she's signing to me that she's hungry but rejecting everything I offer her. It's pretty frustrating. I'm also concerned that since she knows so few signs that she uses her primary ones (nursing and eating) just to communicate with me, not necessarily to have an actual need met. Maybe we just need to work on more signs.

We had a play date with Sarah and Rain on Monday. I was so happy with how it turned out--I think Suz does much better with kids a little bit older (Rain is 3) as opposed to other one year olds. The young kids just seem bowled over (literally and figuratively) by her exuberance and an older child seemed much more able, physically and emotionally, to tolerate her. Most importantly, for me anyway, it was just soooo nice to have a conversation with a person who I feel really gets it. I mean, we're not twins or anything but I think we tend to share a lot of similarities in our lives and parenting. I just wish we didn't live so far away from each other--it's a nearly 2 hour drive and that's just so far, especially considering that she'll have a newborn in a month and a half or so.

1 Comment(s)
Comments:
You mean I could *meet you* sometime?! :) THat would be smashing... come back, come back!!! *waving*
 
Post a Comment
  • [Top]